Sunday, April 3, 2011

Company Values

The company has hung poor replicas of the food pyramid in every elevator.  But instead of nutritional information, these sad signs are apparently meant to illustrate the hierarchy of our company's values.  It looks just like this:

But with "integrity" forming the base instead of whole grains.  I would have appreciated some originality - overlapping circles or something.  Now every time I leave work, I'm hungry, the shape working on my subconscious.

I have no idea why our parent company felt the need to remind us all that our core value is "integrity".  I don't even know what the value of integrity means.  You can be a serial killer and maintain integrity by continuing to kill people.  It's a nonsense value.  The entire moral code of the company is resting on something meaningless.  If some inspired higher-up did this intentionally, well, my hat's off to them.

0 comments: