Friday, January 7, 2011

Assistants Are Hired To Do the Things I Hate

"Man, I really hate doing the quarterly reports," you sighed.  I looked at you in utter shock.  Not because of the sentiment - everyone hates doing quarterly reports - but because you thought I would care.

What did you want me to do?   Tell you that I would do the quarterly reports?  To not trouble yourself with such things?  That you should try to, oh I don't know, run the fucking company while I personally deal with the billing discrepancies?

I wish I had more quarterly reports to give you.  I wish I could make you do quarterly reports every day, all day.  I wish I could explain to you how many fucking quarterly reports I've made in my lifetime and how completely done I am with them and anything that even says "quarterly" in its title.  But instead I just nodded in a disinterested fashion, knowing that we will never get along.

"Thanks," I said, nonsensically.

0 comments: